Monday, May 5, 2008

First day of part time

Soooooooooooooooo today was my first day of part time work and....................I didn't go crazy! YAY! Granted I didn't really get much else done either. hehehe. I admit it, i am a slacker. Guilty as charged. Anywho, so I got off at 12:00 and went to get Mikaila from the babysitter (Alex had already been taken to school by marty) and took her school (which of course, again, bad mommy doesn't even know where the preschool is even though mikaila has been going to it all year). Yeah. I was working all day I never got to take her to school so sue me. So I dropped her off, got in some quality 2 hours of laziness and maybe an errand or two, before going to get her again, and then got alex and headed home. Then I made dinner. Exciting I know. So what really bugs me is how lonely my son is. He is not all that popular, don't ask why I don't know, so he has very few friends. So we get home and he sees his friend Taylor at the neighbors house playing but when he goes over there to play too, he gets told by the not very nice little kids in the neighborhood that they don't want to play with him and to go home. I about died to see how crushed he was. He sat at the window seat of our house watching them play and have fun. I always vowed that my kids were never going to grow up lonely and rejected like I did, (repressed memories, maybe I will write about it later, then again maybe not) but seeing him go through the same things I did was soooo heartbreaking. I gave him a HUGE hug, told him I loved him, and let him play video games. It made him a bit happier but I could tell he was still hurt. I hate it when the kids around here do that. I just wish that he didn't get rejected. It hurts so much seeing my boy go through that. He gets used, the kids will decide there is no one else to play with so they come over but as soon as someone else is available they ditch him to go play with the others and tell him they don't want to play with him anymore and to go home and leave him crying cuz he was ditched. Hopefully it doesn't continue. I don't want him going through the whole summer without friends to play with. Just writing about it makes me wanna hug him again and cry. Ok, enough sadness. So anyway, I am loving the part time so far, but miss seeing my friends at work. We had a crazy day on Friday where me and my best friend Janel went around taking pictures of our friends and just being hyper. i love that girl. She cracks me up. I love being around people that don't take themselves too seriously, have a great sense of humor, and love to get hyper with me. Yay! (Kim needs to move back to Utah so i can get hyper with her again too, miss you tons Kim! Hint hint.) So anyways, um..............on a side note, I am sorry to say this to all who will be reading this, but marty is frickin sexy and he just makes me swoon everytime I see him cuz I just love him so much. After 8 years (yeah 8 years people, can you believe it???) we still pretty much act like newlyweds. Discusting huh? Oh well. I love it. He seriously is the best guy EVER! God did good on this one. hahahahahahaha. So yeah. To all my friends at work, I love you, and miss you but we still see each other in the mornings so you will survive, and to all my other friends out there lets go hang out, cuz I am FREE! WHOO HOO!
p,s. if you want to see some pics go to this link and it shows you my album on facebook. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=109778&l=43dae&id=580115117

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

Oh little Miss Rachel... I'm so sorry Alex feels left out, that breaks my heart!
I, being your neighbor assume that my boys were involved in the not so nice examples, I know exactly how you feel as a mom. It's hard to see your kids get their feelings hurt by not being included, I really try hard to teach my kids the importance of friendship and including others... I hate clicks! I guess you can see that we are still working on that one. I will talk with my boys, as for the other boys.. you'll need to go to their parents. Just know you were heard loud and clear by me! I'm your neighbor girlfriend, next time something like this happens and it is bugging you PLEASE come talk to me, the only way to fix the problem is to work it out with the right source.
I promise... it will make you feel better and I will feel better knowing. I'll even share my emergency chocolate with you if needed!