Monday, March 10, 2008
Update on life
So as you can see I put an updated picture up on the profile so you get to see us as we are now instead of 3 years ago. It's not my favorite one but until we get a better one it will have to do. Anyway, so yesterday was a pretty good day for me. At least in one aspect. We were at my parents house and my dad was asking alex about his favorite things, and he asked who his best friend was and alex turns to me and says "mommy is my best friend". I seriously came this close to bawling. What a sweetheart!!!! I will never forget that as long as I live. My kids mean the world to me, I would do anything for them, and already do everything I can to make sure they are happy and living life well. So yeah that was my special moment. It's been busy around here. Not especially at work but outside of work. It seems every week I need to do some overtime to make up for going to the dentist or the doctor so it makes life interesting. There are some challenges and sometimes I feel like just taking the day off to catch up on life or to just be lazy but I gotta make money so I stick it out and do the best I can. I am still looking forward to going part time soon. It's going to be great being with the kids more and being able to do other stuff like clean the house. haha. I miss my friends. I have been trying really hard to stay in touch with friends in my neighborhood and other friends so that I am not lonely but it's hard when working so much. I am also trying to lose weight, that is the real hardship. No matter what I do it won't come off, but I guess when all you do is sit on your butt all day it can't help but expand! :) I am convinced that Alex is accident prone. He keeps hurting himself and I have had to take him to the hospital many times in his life. So I am extra careful with him without smothering him and keeping him from having fun. It's a hard balance but I try to make it work. Mikaila however is Miss Priss and won't do anything if it means hurting herself. She will get downright dirty but she hates taking risks. I guess she is like me in that way. Marty.....is still not doing much. He works, and is always busy creating his computer game. I don't know what I would do without him though, he is very helpful in the housework and getting dinner started when he gets home cuz he gets home before I do. It kind of sucks not having the same shift but what can you do? He is the best. We are thinking about going to California in April but we will see what we can afford. We are having to spend more this year then planned because of things that come up but we may be able to pull it off. If not, then California will wait. We are trying really hard to pay off our credit card. That is our first priority. But we are going to Disney on Ice this weekend and MAYBE St. George next weekend. I can't wait for summer when we can go camping and fishing. Fishing is my fav. It's so fun. But I do need some help on my garden. I want to plant some rose bushes but everytime I do they die within a week so if anyone has advice I would really appreciate it. Ok, so there is my rant. It's long but oh well. Bye!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Miss Rachel! I'm so glad you are sharing your blog! It's true, being your next door neighbor and not even seeing you is really bad! But I do remember those full time working days.. it's tuff to try to balance everything! Hopefully we will see each other more when the sun starts shining!
You know every Tuesday night we have a fitness thing at the church... you ought to come play! There is also a fitness challenge going on right now with in our neighborhood... come on give it a try, you know you want to!
Hey Rachel--Thanks for letting us know about your blog! It's such a great way to keep up with everyone's lives! I'll keep checking to see how you guys are doing!
Hi Rachel! So fun to see you have a blog!
Glad to hear things are good! I want to go to California too. Maybe soon!
Post a Comment