Thursday, April 30, 2009

Career??

Ok I am so stumped on what I should do with the rest of my life. I wanna move on to bigger and better things. I have been thinking of so many careers that I want to be in but some minor detail keeps me from really looking at it. Let me give you a list of the things that i would love to do. I want to be a:

1. Photographer-I love taking pictures of people and love having pics taken of me. But I have no idea how to operate a nice camera and no idea how to start my own business.

2. Medical examiners assistant/medical assistant-I love seeing how the body works and looking at organs and stuff. But it's kind of morbid and the smell would be pretty bad not to mention the cold. As for the medical assistant-working with little babies in the hospital and help taking care of them is sooo awesome to me. I want to help little babies and do medical stuff but I HATE needles. They are evil.

3. Police dispatcher-It would be awesome to help the cops out with their work and get in on the action, but I hear it is very high stress and their life is in your hands and personally that doesn't make me feel too good about doing it. And being a cop doesn't sound too bad but can you imagine me trying to arrest someone? LOL! That would be the funniest thing to see on tv. Wow.

4.Disc Jockey-I listen to the people on the radio have so much fun talking to each other and doing interviews and I want to do that so bad. But I have no idea how to get started.

5. News anchor-It would be so awesome to be able to report the news and have fun on tv. I am not a people person though and I believe people's business is their business and I am not going to stick my nose in where no wants it to be.

6. Cake decorator/chef-I want to decorate wedding cakes and stuff. No idea how to get started and all that frosting will tempt me and make me eat it like mad. haha. And being a chef would be awesome cuz I love cooking and making things, but I hate all the fancy stuff. I like to keep it simple.

7. Wedding planner-It looks so cool to me. They get to plan all the glamour stuff and see the brides. But I am not creative enough to think of good ideas that are different for the persons wedding.

8. Cosmetologist-I love learning how to do hair and doing it well. I have no talent in this area. I can't even do my hair, but it would be so cool.

9. English teacher-I LOVE learning about English and think it would be fun to do that but I can't deal with other peoples kids. I am too nice to tell other peoples kids what to do and punish them if they do something bad.

10.Last but not least, a singer-I have dreamed of becoming a singer my entire life. I love singing and think I am pretty good at it. I have gotten lazy in this area, my voice is not up to par anymore. I have such bad stage fright that my voice gets very wobbly when I am nervous and I end up sounding like a freak. But every time I see American Idol I ache to be there so bad! But I refuse to be away from my hubby and kids that long.

So after those options, which one do you think I would be good at?

4 comments:

Brandon Doyle said...

Internet Marketer. You can make six to seven figures a year selling information products online!

Anonymous said...

Well that is quite a list there, rachel. Hmm, I think you should do what make you most happy and go for it!!! You will do great in what ever you decide. I like the last one too cause you are very good at it!!Love ya Ella

Rachel Doyle said...

I agree do what makes you happy -- a lot of those things require training - so if you don't feel confident in that area now -- you will after you are done with the training. Your friend - the forever student!

Rachel Doyle said...

I agree do what makes you happy -- a lot of those things require training - so if you don't feel confident in that area now -- you will after you are done with the training. Your friend - the forever student!