It's official. I have gotten way too out of shape and way too old to do the kind of stunts that I pulled yesterday. This is quite an embarrassing story so bear with me........and don't make fun. Yesterday marty went up on the roof to repair a few shingles and the kids were up there with him so of course I wanted to be up there with them. I should have realized the extent of my out of shapeness when marty was pulling me up onto the roof. It was kind of awkward and took a lot of effort on my part to do something so simple as lift myself up. So we finally get on the roof (it has a flat side on so the kids won't get hurt) which I thought was pretty cool and then I look down. haha. I am so terrified of heights. But this shouldn't be too bad right? We are a 1 level house so it's maybe 7 feet up.
As soon as marty is done he helps the kids down from the roof (we have no ladder) and then he jumps down easily. Then it is my turn. Oh crap. I try to do it one way and that scares me too much so marty tells me just jump down since it isn't that far. I look down and the grass is spinning. Oh no. And I have my pajamas on with my slippers (shut up it's sunday) so I don't have some thing sturdy on my feet to make sure I land well. So after about 10-15 minutes of marty trying to tell me to just jump and me being too scared and trying not to panic too much and I have alex down there telling me that I need to be brave and that I can do it and it was so cute. Marty is starting to get kind of mad at this point because the sun was in his eyes and he is tired of telling me it's not that far. Finally I just jump, trying not to think of it too much, and fall like a sack of potatoes and sprain my ankle. Owee. The embarrassing part is, I used to jump off my parents balcony 2 stories up as a teen just for the thrill of it and landed gracefully.
Yeah..........I am pretty embarrassed to have to admit that I now cannot land gracefully as I once did and that I may never be able to again. I never want to be in that situation again. I have vowed (as soon as my ankle is better) that I will do more active things like mow the lawn (which I also was able to do a few years ago without breaking a sweat and can't even do that anymore) and climb up stuff and be able to get down and feel younger then I do now. I have let myself go way too much. Now that I have told you this story let us never speak of it again. haha.
1 comment:
he he he, wow... is it funny, that i could imagine the whole senario as i read it?... he he..it sounds like something i would do.. oh oh i wanna go up, just dont make me come down....:) i used to climb into our tree house and sit there until someone came around to either hold the ladder as i climbed down, or catch me if i fell...:) LIVER!
Post a Comment