I feel like I am surrounded by stupid people. No not you....I hope, but others in the world. For the 5th time in like 2 months, I have heard of some person in the south that has made a 911 call to complain about a restaurant that did not get their order right. Hello? Did no one sit you down and have the "you only call 911 if it is an emergency"? Example: Someone is hurt and dying, someone just got robbed, etc.... Do they just want the attention? Cuz that is seriously the most retarded way to get attention from others. You have just made a complete butt of yourself around the nation. But other then just the attention, I never realized (being sheltered all my life) that there were this amount of stupid people in the world. It's like common sense is of the past and anything goes nowadays. At work I am also amazed at the lack of brains in the people that call in asking for help on their software. These people are dentists, office managers, hygienists. We are putting our trust in these people to have a certain amount of brains to take care of us properly and it's just not there.
How would you answer this question? "Thank you for calling support, this is an operator, how may I direct your call?" The answers I get are just stupid. I hear "support" (um hello, you just got to support, I even said this was support so I get that you need support, what the heck is the issue that you need help with???), "um, I don't know what you mean by that question" (whats not to get?) And when I say "you have reached support are you having a problem in the software or do you just need to know how to do something?" Cuz there are 2 different places to direct them to. I need this info to get them the proper tech. The answers I get are either "support" again or "um...both". That doesn't help. The other problem I have with them are the arrogance and the rudeness. I would never dream of getting on the phone and just yelling at the person on the other line. It's rude and if you really want to get the customer service or the help that you need, you should be polite so they are more inclined to get you that support. If you are rude and call them names, they won't want to give you the quality of help you need because all the tech wants to do is get off the phone as quickly as possible so they don't start crying their eyes out from your yelling. Especially the poor operators. We have no idea what you are talking about, we didn't create your problem, we just direct calls. Don't yell at us for your problems. And there are people that call in that want help but when they get the advice they need they won't accept it and say that the tech has no idea what he or she is talking about and that they are smarter. Well if you were smarter then the tech how come you weren't able to figure out the problem yourself? If you call support, accept the help that you are offered. And stop being sexist. There are dentists out there that will refuse to talk to a girl tech because girls aren't as smart as guys. I hate those people. Ok I think I have vented enough. I just wanted to make other people aware that there are a ton of people out there with no common sense and no manners at all. Please treat others with respect and please pay attention to what others are saying and use the brain you were born with or it's just wasted. Don't waste your brains. And sorry if it seems like I am bitter/passionate about this. It just bugs me to hear about all these things and have to think about why these people are not using their smarts. It doesn't help others, who do use their brains, to deal with your stupidity. Thank you. Oh and by the way, the family is doing great. haha! Bye!
1 comment:
"OK, we need to run a Rebuild on the database..."
A few days later the customer comes back to say: "OK, we tore the Server down to the 'bare metal' and 'Rebuilt' it, but the problem is still there..."
Riiiiiighhht.
Post a Comment