Sunday, March 22, 2009

Wii Fit

I am seriously sweating my butt off right now. I just got done doing a very vigorous workout on the Wii Fit. This year I have been so obsessed with losing weight. I did it once before but I forgot how I did it back then and when I asked marty how I was able to do it he told me I was very active that year and I just need to get back to that. So I went out and bought the Wii Fit to help me out. It has been more of a struggle with working out then normal, not just because I am way out of shape, but also because the medication I am on for a couple of health problems that make my heart race. I do take a beta blocker (heart rate stabilizer) for it but I am still kind of shaky and unbalanced. I have to have marty hold me up when on one foot just because I shake too badly to hold myself up. He seems to think it's rather funny. Grrr :). Anyway so when I got it and did the body test it was not good news and it really knocked some sense into me. I have always struggled with my body image. I have been scared spitless of being big ever since I was 12. Young huh? I don't know where it came from but yeah that was me. Having 2 kids and getting depression doesn't help you lose all that extra weight. Man, I look back and when I was 115 lbs. my senior year of high school and sigh, wishing for that body back. hahaha. Back then though I still struggled and wanted to be skinnier. If I could only go back and just enjoy being that size.
So now I am technically overweight and need to lose about 20-25 lbs to be the size I think would be great to have. It's going to take a lot of hard work but I am determined to do it. I am going to help marty mow the lawn this year and do the exercises everyday. It is really hard not being healthy like marty and to glide through it like he does but I hope that means I will get more done cuz I am working harder. I am also determined to finally touch my toes. I don't think I have ever (seriously) been able to touch my toes my whole life. My body says no way but I am going to try. I am excited to see where it goes. And this time I hope that when I lose the weight it doesn't creep back on me like the a few years ago. I was talking to someone the other day and they told me I looked great back then and it made me sad cuz I wasn't able to maintain it. But it just made me more determined to get back to that. That is my personal struggle for the moment. And if any of you are wondering, no I haven't gotten sick from the others. YAY! They are still coughing bad and everything and it sounds miserable so I have felt very blessed in not getting it. Marty is blaming me for it now cuz he thinks that since I didn't get it I am the carrier and gave it all to them. So I feel guilty and again very happy I have not gotten it (knock on wood). Wish me luck on everything!

2 comments:

living life said...

yay! WII fits rock! although i havent done mine in a few months...:D theres not a pregger setting and having the stupid trainer say "wow you've gotten fat! " (maybe not in so many words...) doesnt do a thing for my self esteem....... but i know cory's lost weight doing it (yes i talked cory into doing it and now he's hooked!!) so keep it up!!

Kimmie said...

Hi neighbor! If you ever need a partner I'm right across the street. You should come work out with us in RS, Every saturday morning @ 8:45 am/ at the church. Come on and give it a try.. you know you want to :)