Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend fun

This weekend was awesome. We went to Utah Lake to do some Jet skiing with Marty's brothers and sister in law (Nick, Jeff and Angala). I however did not do any jet skiing because ew the water is nastalicious! GROSS! There were dead fishing floating around and the water was a greenish brown, so I stayed on shore with the kids and Angala. Marty had a few problems with the jet ski. Every time he tried to ride it, it would die on him and he would have to swim back to shore. But the last time, he was way out there so we had to ask some nice people to go tow him back. haha. Eventually we let Alex wade in one of the small ponds but it was still nasty. We had a few scares when he got down in a deep part and went under. He cannot swim yet so marty had to dive in and save him. I felt sorry for him cuz he got shaken up pretty bad and swallowed some nasty water. He wouldn't go back in after that. It shaved about 10 years off my life. After the lake, we went to Nick and Angala's house and had dinner and hung out. I love going over there because they are so much fun to be around. Anywho, we got home pretty late that night. Sunday was the usual. Stay in jammies and lazy around. I should do more but I couldn't get the motivation. Mikaila has started to go back to church with her babysitter. She loves it and I have no problem with her going. Having her stay home is not going to help her be independent and make her own decisions when she grows up so we want her to be able to make those decisions for herself. Alex however still refuses to go and that is also fine with us in the same way. It's his choice. He is not planning on getting baptized in October when he turns 8. He has no interest in it. He has had people talk to him about it and we will support him in whatever he decides to do. If he wants to later on in life great, if not, thats up to him. I never learned anything by having decisions made for me and being forced to do something I didn't want to do when I was a kid. As long as they believe in God and respect him they will be ok. That's my opinion anyway. The kids are enjoying being out of school and Alex insists that summer vacation lasts 3 years not 3 months so we are working on convincing him we are right. He is very stubborn. They are sooo excited to be going up a grade. It's pretty fun for them. Well I am still at work and need to keep taking calls. Yay! ;) More for later.

1 comment:

Ella said...

I think that is great that you are letting your kids make there own decisions, they need a little independence. And where is it that you work?Cause I want to get paid to blog! I don't get to do that at work and I own the place. Sign me up!!!