Thursday, September 4, 2008

I can't wait!

We are getting closer and closer to getting our new kitchen. We have gotten the cabinets ordered and the counters chosen, all we have to do is clean out the old cabinets and drawers and by next weekend we should have a good share of the stuff put in. We are so excited! We have waited for this day for 4 years! In case nobody really knows how bad our kitchen right now is, let me just say it's pretty bad. It was built in the 50's, using metal all around the sink area (that includes the drawers and cupboards), and the paint that was used for the other things have lead in them and it's peeling off really bad. So, we are tearing all of it out, and replacing the entire thing. We get new cupboards, counters, sink, drawers, pantry, wall bakcdrop stuff (don't remember what it's called) and eventually new floors. WOW. It's going to be messy but awesome. There is nothing like getting all new things to make you feel really good about life. haha. Anyway I will post pics of the old and the new when the time comes.

2 comments:

Peggy Eddleman said...

Oooo- a new kitchen is so exciting! I am so happy for you!! And, a little jealous... :-)

Shelby said...

I loves me some renovation! And what could be better than a new kitchen? I can totally relate to the 50's kitchen from our last house. I thought a lot of mental swear words everytime I had to deal with my cabinets.