Sorry it's been so long since I last wrote. We have been having problems with our interenet at home so it's been difficult to catch up on anything nowadays. It's kind of frustrating. I am writing this at work. haha. Anyway, so the big day came....the first day of school for Alex. He was sooooooooooo exzcited! He would not stop bouncing off the walls and grinning his head off and telling me how excited he was. He wanted to walk to school on his own but there is no way I was going to allow that so we walked together, and went to his class. We saw his teacher and I was a little surprised because she is so young! She looks to be about 22 max. But it's ok, cuz I have heard so many raving reviews about her so I know she will be good for Alex. So later on when I picked him up, I swear I have never seen him so happy. Just grinning from ear to ear, and I couldn't get him to stop talking for a half hour, which wasn't bad, i was happy to see him so happy and telling me about his day. The best part of school for him is lunchtime. He has to tell me all about what they had and what he ate and how he ate all of it and how good it was and stuff like that. It is soooooooo cute! I am so proud of him. He is so friendly and happy and thriving. I can't ask for more.
Mikaila had her assessment test yesterday and marty took her to that. She was (of course) really shy so she didn't do as well as we know she could have but she still did good enough to impress the teacher a lot. he said that she is pretty advanced and is at the point that most kids in kindergarten don't get to until the end of the school year, so that was good news. She is pretty excited to start school too. It just makes me so happy to watch them grow and to know they are doing well and are really happy. Other then that, this last weekend, me and marty took off to celebrate out 8 year anniversary (a little late). We had the kids go sleep over at their grandparents house (for the first time) and they had a blast, and me and marty went to snowbird to stay at the Cliff Lodge. It was really fun to get out without the kids and just relax. It was cold up there, but it was fun. I couldn't ask for a better husband. I am so glad that I am so blessed, even though most of the time I feel I don't deserve it. I am still struggling a little, but I am working really hard to get through it and come out a better and happier person. That's all.
No comments:
Post a Comment