Monday, July 13, 2009

Some people......

Once again i am going to be ranting a little but it's a good rant. haha. This weekend me, marty and the kids were driving down by the library in PG of course and all the sudden marty slowed down really fast and said "Oh no!" so I look over his shoulder and see an SUV run this poor dog over and then take off. Um...hello??? We watched as you hit this dog and the look on your face said that you knew you did it so why did you just drive off? Sick people. Anyway so as soon as i see it, I open my door, while the car is still moving, yelling at marty to stop the car so I can book it over there to help the poor dog. So I jump out and the owners of the dog were right there (apparently one of the owners had thrown a ball into the street and the dog went after it, yeah how stupid can you get)and they were helping the dog get back into the car to take it to the vet. It was sad hearing the dog cry and looked so scared. He was bleeding pretty badly from his mouth. i hope the poor thing was ok. I hated seeing something get hurt and the person responsible not even caring. It made me start really thinking about being a vet assistant so that I can help poor animals that get hurt. i love animals. Anyway I read this on yahoo today and agree with it completely. It is pretty funny but I think it is really true.
Swearing Makes Pain More Tolerable
LiveScience.com
That muttered curse word that reflexively comes out when you stub your toe could actually make it easier to bear the throbbing pain, a new study suggests. SO TRUE!

2 comments:

Brandon Doyle said...

The crazy thing is people get away with hitting dogs when it is a hit and run. They say it was either hit the dog or swerve and hit another vehicle.

Amazingly, if the owners are present the driver isn't required to stop. I don't care if it's a law or not... geez stop and show some compassion people.

I bet it wouldn't make any difference if it was a human, the driver would just keep going. ... Makes me angry.

Anonymous said...

Oh Rachel I am so sorry you had to see that! I imagined the whole thing in my head while I was reading your blog and my heart just stopped (of course not literally). It's one thing if the animal is killed instantly but it is even worse to bear if it's still alive and suffering. I'm so glad the owners were there to give it some help.