Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our awesome weekend in Mesquite!

Ok first of all, next time I want to go to a place that has temps up to 105 degrees, I will bring more sunscreen! (Or sunscream as Mikaila likes to call it, which makes sense cuz you want to scream in pain after you are in it a while.) Yikes. I am really not used to that much heat so as soon as you walk outside, it's so heavy you can barely breathe. It was awesome. haha! We started out the weekend on Thursday night where we got to meet our new nephew born that day to Martys brother and sister in law. His name is Wyatt Nicholas Gubler, isn't he a CUTIE?
I am a very proud aunt. On Friday after once again visiting at the hospital one more time, we (me, marty, the kids, plus April, Curtis (marty's brother)and their kids) left for St. George. Marty has a TON of family in St. George so we go there once in a while to visit. We finally get there, after hours of hearing the kids fight, asking for food, and "dying of thirst." Thank goodness I had a portable DVD player that I could whip out and put in front of them to shut them up. haha. It works wonders. Our first stop is the park. It's funny cuz martys other brother that lives in St. George, was driving by the park and looked over and saw marty and thought to himself "hey I know that dipwad", so he pulled over and hung out with us for a while. It was cool. He brought his daughter Kaylee and his 8 month old son Trevon (who I have never seen until now) and he is adorable. That kid has the brightest red hair I have ever seen. And believe me I have seen bright red hair, my nieces have some.
Anyway so I was excited to see him and play with his chunkiness. That kid is huge but in a cute way. After that we went to martys grandma's house where she almost had a stroke from being so excited to see us since she doesn't see us very often and hung out there to visit for a while. She is cool.
I have never been to Mesquite before so I didn't really know what to expect. We got there and it has a TON of palm trees, a buttload of casinos and old people and lots of desert. We get to our hotel and immediately got ready to go swim, it was SO HOT! I am going to miss swimming in a nice warm temp pool where there is hardly anyone around and just cool off. Ooooh it felt so good!
We got to have a room right next to April and Curtis's which was cool so we could talk easily and decide what to do next. The kids were stoked to hang out with their cousins. Basically we spent the entire weekend, swimming for hours on end, trying to learn to breathe in 105 degree temps, and watching AMAZING fireworks. We went to some buffets but seriously they weren't that great of buffets. Up-Chuck-O-Rama has better food then the buffets they had in the casinos, and that is saying something. haha. We had so much fun and it was great to just relax and spend time with family. We got very very sunburned (even after applying sunscreen multiple times) and are now paying for spending so much time in the pool.
We weren't able to visit more family members in St. George before we left cuz they were all in church so we just drove home had another round of fighting, begging for food and "dying of thirst". haha. This weekend was a blast and I want to do it again soooooooooooooooooooooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

living life said...

.....i am not jealous......im not.... really......brat....

Jennifer Utykanski said...

Sounds like you had some great fun. Maybe next time I will be able to come too. :)

Peggy said...

Sounds like you guys had so much fun! I hope the burn heals soon. :( That looks pretty bad.

Ella said...

looks like alot of fun I love your pic that is pink and purple sky! very pretty.