Monday, May 11, 2009
Hidden Angels
I was so touched by the kindness of a lady this weekend and wanted to share the story about her. On Saturday we went shopping at Costco and Alex was being pretty difficult. He kept crying over very minor things (not unusual) and we had been pushed to the limit by the time we got to the checkout line. After standing there a while Alex got in trouble again and was punished and started crying.........again. I was pretty frustrated and gave him a good talking to while trying to make him feel better. After a minute or so one older lady came up to Alex and said "I know you are not supposed to talk to or take things from strangers but I hate to see little kids cry so I wanted to give this to you to make you feel better. Just remember that Grandma Wendy* loves you." and handed him a roll of smarties and gave him a hug. I was so touched by this lady's kindness and compassion that my frustration instantly evaporated and Alex's tears dried away. I just wanted to hug her. She reminded me so much of my own Grandma Brewer that I almost cried. My grandma used to do the most amazing things and was the best person I have ever known. I would love to grow up to be like her but it's almost impossible. She was that good of a person. i know this lady won't read this, but hopefully she knows how much I appreciate her kindness. Thank Heaven for hidden angels like her who are around when someone needs to get a little pick me up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
THat is a GREAT story! I love it when stuff like that happens!
little did you know, they werent smarties but little ridaline pils.....:) just kidding... no i love little old ladies! there needs to be more people like that, usually people see a situation like that and just shake thier heads and judge, it takes a great spirit to try to help!! im glad someone cares!
That is a sweet story! I experienced a similar story once with a hungry three year old in a store. Grandmas can be so helpful!
And I always read your blog, Rachel! I just have been a slacker and haven't been commenting on anyone's as much lately.
Post a Comment