I came home from work this evening to see a TON of police cars, a fire truck, an ambulance, and a life flight helicopter surrounding the block down from mine. Of course, curious as I am, me and my neighbor Ashley ran down there to see what was going on. I was kind of worried about it being someone I know being life flighted out and also in awe of being so close to a huge situation. As we got to the scene of the accident there were so many people crowded around giving their stories to the police and just looking to see what was going on like we were. As we look around we see another couple of policemen examining the round in the middle of the road and taking pictures. Ok so what was going on? Apparently, according some onlookers, a 90 year old man had been hit while crossing the street to go to a senior dinner at the church by a 23 year old driver. SO SAD! I get a look at the guy that had hit the man and he had his arms around his father just sobbing his heart out. I have never felt so tempted to go give a total stranger a hug before now. My heart just broke for him. i know I would be in total hysterics if that was me in his situation. In the parking lot of the church the life flight helicopter was loading the old man to take him to the Provo Hospital.
I do not know the extent of his injuries but considering his age and the accident he was involved in he probably was really bad off. My heart also breaks for that man and his family. Just by witnessing the heartache and the action I am grateful for my children being safe and that we are all healthy. There have been so many close calls with my son running out in the middle of the road and being thisclose to being hit by a car and every time I am scared to death and sad by what could have happened. Remember that when you are in a car you have to be paying attention. Don't let yourself be distracted. Nobody wants to go through what those people are going through today. Please pray for them and hope that everything goes well for them. They are going to need a lot of prayers to help them get through this trying time.
1 comment:
So, update: The guy that hit him was actually 17. And the 90 year old died on Monday night. :(
Post a Comment