I have been wanting to update for a while but I just haven't had the energy to do it. Sorry. I am so bored right now though cuz there are so few things I am being allowed to do that I feel like I am going crazy. I haven't wanted to make a big deal out of my wrist surgery just due to the fact that it was supposed to be pretty minor, but it didn't turn out that way. The beginning was ok. Just the regular recovery time and spending 2 1/2 days in bed sleeping (oh yeah it felt good). A week after the surgery I was supposed to be able to take my wraps off and use my hand again fully but I used it too much before I was supposed to and have now developed tendonitis where I had the surgery. Marty kept telling me to cut it out but I was going nuts not being able to use my hand cuz it's my right hand (my main one) and dang it, I don't like myself unless I can make myself useful. When they went into remove the cyst they found that it was attached to a nerve, tendon, and my bone. Grrrr. So it was kind of invasive so more recovery time. So now I have the tendonitis, nerve damage (part of my wrist is still numb) and I am fighting a cold on top of it all. So now, instead of being able to do whatever, i now have to rest my hand even more to get the inflammation in my tendon to go down so it doesn't hurt so much. It's been hard at work cuz my work is mostly typing so I haven't been able to do much of that either. Even writing this is taking forever cuz I am using one hand. I just want to do house work, do regular things. I cried the other day when I couldn't help marty fold laundry. How insane is that? Hard to do with one hand. i now have a new respect for those who have lost a limb. IT SUCKS!
I have also grown more appreciative of marty because he keeps proving to me (not that it needed to be proven) that he really is the best man I have EVER known. He will do anything to make me and the kids happy. And the same with me. The only thing I care about in life is making my family happy. The world could crash down and I wouldn't care as long as they are safe. Ok yeah I would be sad but you get the gist of what i am trying to say. Marty, you are seriously so wonderful sometimes I wonder why your not a god or something. I love you soooo much, thank you for always being there for me and loving me. I am the luckiest woman alive to have someone like you to be with forever. Ok fine, enough of the gushy stuff. Sorry I made everyone gag. hehe I am going to go now. I will write back later.
2 comments:
Rachel,
I totally understand. My surgery last year was supposed to be a somewhat "minor" surgery - in and out. But due to some complications, I ended up staying in the hospital three extra days and recovery was especially long for me. It was hard. I also understand not being able to use your hands. When I was first diagnosed with arthritis, and before I was on meds to control it, it was really bad in my elbows, shoulders and hands . I couldn't write or type. It was frustrating and hard. I'm here for you if you ever want or need to vent!!
That sucks, Rachel! I hope your hands and your cold get better soon!
Post a Comment