Sunday, July 10, 2011

I'm back!

So I left this blog and made a new one but found that I missed this one so I am back on this one. I've gone through quite a lot lately that has just taken it's toll on me, and I am slowly regaining my emotional strength back. I am pretty much reorganizing my life. I got a new job at an insurance company. It has been great because I am learning all new things and actually challenging myself to think more and learn more instead of just sitting there answering phones and letting my brain rot like I was. It's been pretty rough cuz I am used to just sitting there and letting my brain rot. I feel so stupid most of the time, because someone will tell me something and most people will catch on and remember it. I have to write notes and read over them a few times before it clicks and I know it's kind of annoying to others, but it's the best way I learn. I like my new coworkers. They are fun and like to laugh which is awesome. I miss my Dentrix coworkers SO MUCH!!!! It's weird not talking to them everyday and BS-ing on facebook 24/7. But it is very good for me and I am happy. I am also going through my house and reorganizing everything. I have been getting rid of old junk that I will never use, deep cleaning and repairing things. Thats tough also because of work. I don't feel like doing anything after work cuz I am exhausted but I try to do the best I can. I am trying to also make myself healthier. I started doing the Isagenix diet to clean out all the toxins in my body and start over fresh. I hope to lose some weight and keep it off this time. After the 30 days of that diet I am going completely gluten free. I have had so many health problems for so many years with no one able to tell me what was wrong with me, but my sister has Celiac disease (Gluten intolerance) and the symptoms are exactly what mine are so I am just going to go with it. Plus, it's also healthier. I am having the whole family go on it so we can all be healthy and it's supposed to help Alex a TON with his Aspergers Syndrome. It's going to be so hard but well worth it I hope. I am on day 4 of my diet and have not had any soda/Mt. Dew or junk food and while I have not felt that much of a change, I have noticed that I do feel a bit healthier, my pants fit better, I have lost 3 lbs, I don't have caffeine withdrawal headaches like usual and I just feel better. So that is a good thing right? I was having a really hard time with the shakes at first because to me they taste really horrible but a friend told me to add bananas and ice to it and now it tastes really good so I am liking it so much more. Well, I think I have written a bit too much for now. I will update you later on the other goings-on that have happened on another post. Keep checking back!

4 comments:

Brandon Doyle said...

You have more strength than I do. Soda and junk food would be a huge challenge for me.

Happy to see you're still writing.
Carry on.

Peggy Eddleman said...

I'm glad you are loving your new job! It's amazing what a change in how much you have to think all the time makes you feel healthier! It's like exercise for your brain. :)

Ella said...

Good going Rachel!!!

Mary (sister) said...

When was Alex diagnosed with Aspergers??? I've never noticed him being any different than any other kid. Yep I know. That post was written a long time ago but I forgot for a long time that you have a blog and just now remembered. Where's this other blog you've mentioned? I'll show you mine if you show me yours :D. LOL.