Saturday, July 16, 2011

Hiking is a bad word in my vocab

Today marty wakes me up from a great sleep and informs me that we are hiking today with my in laws. My first thought was yeah right, I will stay right here, you go ahead. I HATE hiking!!! But no, marty insisted that I come. Grumble grumble. Ok fine, but I am not very happy. We start getting ready for it and I get a little more excited because I get to see my sister in law visiting from NY and I haven't seen her the whole week she has been here. We go up to Silver Lake and OMG it is SO beautiful!!!! I was so pissed that I didn't bring the camera cuz I didn't want to lug it around. More grumble grumble. ;) So we start hiking and with me being as out of shape that I am and living off of 900 cals for 2 weeks straight while dieting, it is VERY VERY exhausting and I thought for sure I was either gonna puke, cry or pass out a few times on the way up but marty stayed by my side the entire time encouraging me and telling me that i could do this, so I keep going. (Isn't he just the best??) The surroundings are beautiful. I had a butterfly land on me, but by the time I got my cell phone camera ready to take a pic of it, it took off. :( Oh well. We will go up again to take pics later. We get about halfway when I am just too tired to go further and martys foot is really hurting from the big run he did last week without any previous training for it so he messed up his feet bad from that. While the in laws keep going, we turn around and start heading back. We also had to get back for a movie that martys work was paying for, but by the time we got down the trail and the canyon it was already too late. So we went home and the kids really wanted to see a different movie so marty and the kids went to see Harry Potter while I stayed home and took a much needed nap. I know, you all are going to murder me in my sleep for not seeing that movie with them, but I have never been all that interested in Harry Potter so I told marty just have a few hours with just the kids to go watch it. That was our day today. I loved it because I do feel like I accomplished a lot by going and doing something I really hate (hiking), but I got to see my awesome sister in law and the beautiful scenery and get some much needed exercise. I did get some pics on my cell phone camera. They aren't as good as my pro camera, but they are still gorgeous pics so I am posting them.








2 comments:

living life said...

i remember thre being more snow when i hiked to silver lake (in APRiL..bad idea) it was years ago too, but yes go up and bring your camera and TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!

:D LoVES!

Peggy Eddleman said...

Oh my gosh-- it is beautiful there!