Yesterday me, Marty, Alex, and Mikaila, went to Lagoon with Martys brother Curtis, his wife April, and their kids Ethan and Kylee. It was SO MUCH FUN! April got coupons for a huge discount on tickets and invited us to come with them for the day to have some fun before school starts. Of course there is no way I was able to pass that opportunity up, especially since we had to cancel our planned trip to Disneyland this year because of financial reasons. We got there at 11:00 AM when they open and spent the entire day until pretty much closing just hanging out and going on a million rides. It was hot, the lines were really long despite it being Sunday, and by the end of the day I had blisters the size of my toes and couldn't feel my feet anymore, but it was so incredibly worth it just to spend the day with the kids and family and have fun. By the end of the day I was so amazed at my sons fearlessness and bravery because he went on ALL of the adult rides that I would DIE going on because they are incredibly scary, and he came off of each one and shrugged his shoulders and said, "meh, that wasn't scary". Of course I was the mother that was watching the entire time with my hand over my mouth to prevent myself from screaming in horror and they launched my little boy into the air (with his dad beside him of course), and my eyes wide open in amazement over him LOVING it! Alex is the kind of kid that HATES to wrestle and be tickled because "it hurts" but he will go on insane rides like this and beg to do it again. All I can do is shake my head. Mikaila is also fearless with some rides but not as many. haha! I don't have any pictures because we did not want to lug the big camera around while we were trying to have fun and risk it getting wet on the water rides, or stolen or broken. All i can say was, that was one of the best days of the year. Thanks April! Today I am even more amazed at the kids as I come home from work to be shown that they have made their own chore chart and done the chores they assigned themselves (they are not easy chores either) just to make us happy. We didn't even mention chores to them. I love my kids so much my heart could burst! How did I get to be so blessed to have such great kids. Of course, they are trying at times, what kid isn't? But most of the time they are amazing, loving, and adorable children. I am truly the luckiest being on the planet to have these kids as mine (and martys) haha! I would not be able to live without Alex or Mikaila.
No comments:
Post a Comment