Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Scary
Yesterday was a scary day for me. I had been working a little later at work and had gotten Mikaila from marty (who had taken her during his lunch) and headed home. As soon as we walked through the door Mikaila says "something smells funny". Due to my cold I couldn't really smell much so I went to the hallway and all the sudden the smell hit me. It was such a weird smell, something I have never smelled before. I look over to find what it was coming from and saw smoke pouring out of the study (where all out computers are). The first thought that came to me was "holy crap" so I ran to the study to see if there were any flames, heart pounding, and luckily I did not see any flames but smoke is coming from my computer. Weirdly enough the computer was still on and functioning so I ran over to turn it off so it would stop burning whatever it was, and open the windows to let all the smoke out. Mikaila is totally scared at this point and asking what is wrong and coughing. So I tell her to go get the phone so I could call marty to tell him what was going on. I swear I was shaking for like an hour after. I unplugged everything from the computer and took it to the front room where I could keep an eye on it just in case it decided to explode (paranoid yes I know). So yeah. That is my drama filled day. Fun huh? Marty looked at it and thinks that the power source inside of it decided to just overheat and spark up. Weird but at least it wasn't fully inflamed. I am so glad that I came home when I did. It could have been so much worse. Once again I feel blessed to be protected and looked after. My name is Rachel and I am a spaz. :) Peace out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh mega scary adn creepy!! i think im going to start turning my computer off when im not home now......oh man....if you'd been home an hour later it probably would have been to see your house in flames (arent i a great comfort???) good thing we are on PFACA's good side huh? may the liver be with you...always...
That IS scary! I'm glad everything is okay!
Post a Comment