Friday, August 17, 2007

Our first post!




Hey this is Rachel writing this. Just wanted to announce the start of a brand new blog especially made for our family and friends to let you know how things are going on with us and what is going on in our lives. Marty and I each have our own individual blogs (which are on the links on the left) But we wanted this one to be about our family together. So where do I start? This month has been busy. I started a new job at Dentrix or Henry Schein as it is called now (where marty works) as a receptionist. It's full time, but I was so desperate for a job I took it. And I wanted to work where I already knew people and where me and marty could carpool to work. So far it's been busy, overwhelming and so wonderful. Since I know people, I have people I can talk to and I feel so comfortable. And I do the stuff I love doing. I love receptionist jobs, it's just what I like and what I am good at. I love it there. I have learned a lot, and the first few days was like brain overload, but I am starting to settle. The girl that I am replacing is leaving in 2 weeks, and I am sad because I like her a lot, and I don't want her to leave, but I wouldn't have a job if she wasn't leaving so it's supposed to happen, but I hope to keep being friends with her. I totally love the girl that works with me whose name is Maqueca. She is so awesome and she makes work entertaining, which is very fun. We are a lot alike. She says I am a worse spaz then she is, and I guess that is true sometimes, cuz sometimes I can get very hyper, and that annoys people sometimes, but I am just being happy and outgoing. What can I say, I like people. I love joking with them. I love people with a sense of humor, those are the best people to be around. Anyway, Marty is camping with the scouts in Silver Lake today. He's been there since yesterday and I miss him tons. He won't be back until tomorrow. I was so shocked to see Silver Lake yesterday though. Just last year when camping there with family, it was full and awesome, but now there is hardly any water there. It's sad. I miss my SUV. We had to sell it to pay bills, but with my job, we hope to get another cheaper car until we get on our feet again, and then I can get a big baddavroom truck that I have been wishing for since I was 16. The kids are growing up so fast. Alex is in kindergarten this year and Mikaila is doing her last year of preschool this year and will go to kindergarten next year! Gasp! Where did my babies go? Alex lost his 2nd tooth yesterday. It was discusting (I have a deep deep discust for loose teeth, don't ask, I can't explain it) but cool cuz he was very excited for the tooth fairy to come again. Mikaila is loving daycare, it's hard for me to leave her there all day but she is learning and making friends, but I miss both of the kids so much. I miss singing, but it's nice to take a break from past things to move forward with different things. It seems things are getting better...finally. After the car broke down twice in a week and me getting 2nd degree burns on my fingers from touching a very hot burner on the stove (sheesh!) things are looking up. And since I am talking to adults most of the day my self esteem is better and I feel happier. It just made a big difference. I think I just needed to make a drastic change. So yeah. That is all there is going on so far. Talk to you in a few days.

No comments: